Time Flies
It is just amazing to me how quickly time passes. April is almost over and I am a few weeks away from completing a second year at PSR. This has been such a busy year and I regret not making this blog more of a priority. But, I am not a big fan of agonizing over regrets so I am moving on from here.
Since I haven't blogged in a while this post has the potential to be way too long. I thought I would just post some highlights from the last 9 months.
Field Education at Orinda Community Church - My internship at OCC has been great. I delivered 4 full sermons and 3 smaller sermons at special services like Blessing of the Animals, Easter Sunrise Service and a Youth Sunday. Over the last 8 months it seems that my confidence has increased and I think my preaching has improved quite a bit. I decided to continue on for another year of Field Education at Orinda so I will be taking the summer off but then I will return in September for another round! I am looking forward to spending some time learning more about pastoral care, experimenting with more creative worship styles, and maybe leading an education series.
Classes I took this year - my field education has been a major focus for me this year. Other classes I took or am currently enrolled in are Theology, Preaching, Pastoral Care and Christian Education. The first two weeks in May are going to be absolutely crazy with final papers and projects! My last class is Wednesday May 18th!
My Summer Plans - I will be returning to Bothell with Ken and our furry children on May 19. Both Ken and I are signed up for OWL (Our Whole Lives) facilitator training for the Young Adult/Adult curriculum which takes place May 20-22. Then we are planning to stay for about three weeks. After that we will be heading back to Berkeley and I will be taking 2 or 3 summer classes starting with Christian History.
Support from my home congregation - I have received so much support and love from my church family at Northshore UCC. The cards, emails, care packages and financial support have been such a blessing. I can't wait to be back in the NUCC pews and hopefully helping to lead worship too.
I'm sure there's more but I should get going. I am grateful everyday for the opportunity to pursue this calling and I am looking forward to what the next day, week, month, year has in store for me.
Blessed be,
Leslie
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home