Fied Ed Site for next year - Orinda Community Church
Here is my "Top Ten" list for choosing Orinda in no particular order...
1. They are Open and Affirming
2. I wanted a church with a decent, if not vibrant youth program
3. During my interview as well as when I attended a few church events, I felt that this was a place where I would be nurtured, encouraged and still challenged.
4. They are close! ;)
5. They are active in Social Justice issues such as homelessness, Senior care, education and more but with room to improve.
6. They have a Climate Change group.
7. The congregation is more conservative than NUCC, and yet after attending a Bible study and meeting a few of the members, it seems that they are interested in learning about more progressive views and theologies. I think this will be a good learning experience for me with regards to meeting people where they are on their spiritual path and gently pushing them to think outside their current box.
8. The Director of Community Life is a ball of energy and LOVES me. I think she will be great to work with.
9. The Pastor is calm and although I am sure he is busy, always seems to have time for me and his congregants.
10. They love music and dance and integrate them both into worship.
I will be going to Orinda's Good Friday service tonight which is a Tenebrae, Labyrinth and Taize service and then the sunrise (7am) and traditional Easter services on Sunday.
Blessings,
Leslie

1 Comments:
That's great, Leslie! Sounds like you made an excellent choice!
Post a Comment
<< Home