Friday, August 28, 2009

New Life in Berkeley

Ken and I arrived in Berkeley on Wednesday, 8/26 after what felt like the never ending road trip. We left Bothell much later than we planned which resulted in us staying an extra day in Jacksonville to get caught up on sleep and sanity. When we finally arrived on campus, we were told that our apartment was ready, however, another apartment had become available if we wanted to see it. After looking at both apartments and weighing the pros and cons, we decided to take the new place. It isn't as close to campus as the original but the 5 minute walk is no biggy. the square footage feels much bigger there is a little nook off the bedroom that I can use as an office. Once we get unpacked I will upload some pictures.

Our neighbors accross the hall, Renee and Chris have a cute little terrier named Baxter. Blue and Fancy met him yesterday and it looks like they will be the best of friends. We also met a family on the first floor who are here from Romania.

I'm feeling a little homesick today but I am also so excited to start our new life here in Berkeley. I feel so much gratitude and love for everyone who has helped me get to this point in my journey.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/09, 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear from you, kiddo. We are all so excited for you as you dive into this new adventure. There may not be a post a week to this site, we know, but we also know that if you miss, it's for a good reason. Love to you from us. Dave & Julia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home